Tuesday 29 October 2013

Module 3 chapter 2b part two: using CAD to create spirals

To start my CAD spirals I chose to use the programme Adobe Illustrator to experiment in. I have very rarely used this computer programme before so this really was an experimental exercise for me! The results of what I discovered are in the following image. To create the effects I used a variety of brushes to test the possibilities.
3/2b/1: CAD spiral sketching using Adobe Illustrator
3/2b/1: CAD spiral sketching using Adobe Illustrator

Next I decided to experiment with a programme I am more familiar with: PhotoShop. To start I used the brush tools to generate my own spiral design (the first in the block in the image). I then went on to apply different effects and filters to this particular spiral to see how many different variations I could create. I then pasted each new version together to create the image you see below. Finally I then put the image into negative and then flipped it to create the second image below. I thought it was interesting how although the colour was placed into negative it is not drastically different overall- the second is just less vibrant than the first and the glimmers of white are now glimmers of black in the background.

It just all goes to show... one spiral can have many possibilities!

3/2b/2: Spiral variations using PhotoShop #1
3/2b/2: Spiral variations using PhotoShop #1
3/2b/3: Spiral variations using PhotoShop #2
3/2b/3: Spiral variations using PhotoShop #2

No comments:

Post a Comment