Friday 29 May 2015

Module 4, chapter 11: concept 1

From my very initial little experiments I felt that it would make for a more interesting piece if I moved away from a more traditional folder style and perhaps made a more rounded book type structure. Based on my learning from the last chapter on how to attach pages effectively I produced a prototype to test my idea. 

The photos below show this prototype both secured and sealed with a ribbon and how it looks unraveled. I particularly like the 'swirl' effect that the papers give when it is all rolled up as the effect reminds me a lot of the churning water at the back of the cruise boat when sailing. It is also a little reminiscent of some of the 'circular' motifs I came across when photographing text on the boat for example the compass.

I still have another concept to explore further before deciding but I am intrigued to how the idea below could would when combined with the embroidery techniques and my hand crafted papers. I could also bring in elements from previous modules to create a unique ribbon wrap to secure it all together.


4/11/3a
4/11/3a
4/11/3b
4/11/3b
4/11/3c
4/11/3c
4/11/3d
4/11/3d
4/11/3e
4/11/3e

No comments:

Post a Comment