Thursday 28 May 2015

Module 4, chapter 11: some very initial thoughts

Just progressing along from the previous chapter (creating book-like structures) I started to consider some of the formats a 'backing' structure could have before pages were attached to it. The photos below show my very initial thoughts.


4/11/1a
4/11/1a
4/11/1b
4/11/1b
I was not particularly satisfied with these however as they were on the whole dull and predictable. This led me to start considering non-traditional shapes and structures- taking more of a 3D approach. The following images showcase some of my initial thoughts for these. I felt that these were more exciting shapes and had more potential for a more interesting final piece that the first batch I had produced. I particularly liked the concept of having a rounded structure. The other thought not far from my mind at this stage is the possibility of building more on the structure I had created in the previous chapter that can be seen in image 4/10/14.


4/11/2a
4/11/2a
4/11/2b
4/11/2b

No comments:

Post a Comment