Wednesday 6 April 2016

Module 5, Chapter 2: Paper relief investigations

For my investigations I gathered a wide variety of different papers to play with. I had standard tissue paper, paper towels, coated tissue paper, hand made papers, copier paper, thin papers, thicker papers...

I folded, pleated, crushed, scrumpled, layered, twisted, ripped, stitched and manipulated the papers I had collected. I found that the thinner the paper the easier it was to create a wider variety of textures and effects. The glue was important too- I used PVA but realised early on that it worked better if watered down a little. Some of my experiments are in the following image. My favourite papers were those such as the tissues that were semi-transparent when glue was added. This is because when up against the black background they had depth when layered.


No comments:

Post a Comment