Monday 25 June 2012

Module one, chapter four


Katie Green, Module 1, Chapter 4, Image 1
1/4/1: Cut and fold designs in black paper
I got slightly carried away with this chapter, I really enjoyed seeing all the different patterns I could create. Even still, I dont even think I managed to even scratch the surface of all that is possible!

I found that the corner folded designs seemed to give more interesting effects. The only downside to this is that they were more difficult to cut out the more that they were folded.

For my coloured layered designs I chose a variety of versions to layer up taking particular care to select designs that would show off the layers under them well. I really liked the depth that the contrasts in colour gave to the layers when combined.

Katie Green, Module 1, Chapter 4, Image 2
1/4/2: Cut and fold designs in black paper


Katie Green, Module 1, Chapter 4, image 3
1/4/3: Cut and fold designs in black paper


Katie Green, Module 1, Chapter 4, image 4
1/4/4: Cut and fold designs in coloured papers layered together



No comments:

Post a Comment