Wednesday 3 April 2013

Module 2, Chapter 12: Stage 1

For stage one of this chapter I created many 3D mini sculptural shapes that can be seen in the following images. As I had been inspired by the use of visible seams in previous samples I deliberately kept the seams for these on the outside. I started with a simple cube shape then very quickly got experimental. I tried to recreate some of the shapes from my research. Sometimes these shapes inspired the whole mini 3D piece and sometimes they inspired the 'negative space' the 3D shape created, e.g. through the open end. I was lucky to have some old canvas style fabric in grey to create these from and this fabric manages to hold its shape nicely without the need to support it or stuff the shapes.

The more I developed my ideas through these shapes, the more I realised that some of them resembled miniature corsets (in particular see the third image). This is really inspiring me as an idea for my final piece. I was already thinking along the lines of producing a garment so this would fit in perfectly.


2/12/stage 1/1
2/12/stage 1/1
  
2/12/stage 1/2
2/12/stage 1/2

2/12/stage 1/3
2/12/stage 1/3


No comments:

Post a Comment