Friday 20 February 2015

Module 4, Chapter 5: Exercise 1: Drawn thread work

Initially I found the whole process of removing threads to be both fiddly and time consuming. Over time I developed my own technique and rythymn to it meaning it became a little easier and quicker for me. The use of a needle and quick unpick seemed to work as tools for me.

I created a number of mini samples using quite a fine lightweight fabric in my red accent colour. See below. The fineness of this fabric meant that I had to really concentrate when removing threads. Let's just say a number of samples initially went so wrong they ended up in the bin. I do not have any pictures of these but they ranged from disintegrated samples that were pretty much nothing more than piles of threads to samples that were littered with unintentional and unattractive holes in them. It was quite evident early on that the more threads that were removed the more delicate the sample became. This is definitely something to be considered in future samples.

Module 4, chapter 5, exercise 1
Module 4, chapter 5, exercise 1: Drawn thread work

No comments:

Post a Comment